Problem when joining a "cartella" to a address book.

stakanov stakanov at eclipso.eu
Wed Dec 12 16:48:07 GMT 2018

I am encountering a problem with kde PIM, personal contacs (rubrica), (as you
can guess I am using the Italian interface.
The following can be a problem of usage (I did not find an indication for this
function, but it fails with an error code) or a bug.

I encounter the problem both with Leap 15 opensuse (and Kontact version 5.7.3)
and with TW current Kontact 5.9.3.
Were the Leap installation is using Postgresql 9.6 and TW uses the standard
Mariadb of TW.

Open a list of personal contacts (rubrica) and use it as standard.
Try to join a "cartella" in it. The program asks you for a name / title for
it. Give any title. Now click on o.k.

This fails and the error message is:
"Impossibile creare la cartella della rubrica degli indirizzi: Unable to
append mimetype for collection test resourceId: 13"

Were in TW this is recourceID4  and in leap ID4 in one user and, as you see
ID13 in another one.

I do not feel that I am using the program wrongly or in a not foreseen mode.
I am not aware if this is already a known issue or if you have any advice for
it, but I would be pleased, in case it is a bug, to advice me if this is
inherent to opensuse packaging or if this has to go (if it has to go
somewhere) to the kde bugzilla.

Thank you.