debugging kmail crash

Sandro Knauß sknauss at kde.org
Sat Dec 15 23:29:50 GMT 2018

Hey,

> In the case of Maildir, how could I get out the mapping from folder path
> to folder number?

the folder number is the id in colletiontable remoteid name of the folder and
parentid is the parent folder... So use DB Browser or DB Console.

> Not per se. The crash occurs for any mail I open or for opening the menu
> Settings -> Configure KMail.
> kmail --view ... also consistently crashes with every mail.

Okay but you said, that it only occurs after you pull your settings?

> I've now installed akonadiconsole. The logging tab does not show
> anything Critial or Fatal.
> Upon starting akonadiconsole, it says:
>
> Failed to connect to database: Can't connect to local MySQL server
> through socket '/tmp/akonadi-oever.0b6D91/mysql.socket' (2) QMYSQL:
> Unable to connect
>
> But it connects to akonadi fine. However, the browser seems
> inconsistent. My 'archive' folder has 14k mails, yet, the browser shows
> only 3. See screenshot.
> When I double click a mail entry, akonadiconsole crashes with the
> familiar backtrace.

okay, as akonadiconsole uses the same codepaths to display a mail, this tells
us, that here is a bug :D

What version of Grantlee you use?
Qt version?
what distro you use?