T8357: Announcement text for the Applications 18.04 release

Henrik Fehlauer noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Apr 17 00:39:10 BST 2018

rkflx added a comment.

  In T8357#138560 <https://phabricator.kde.org/T8357#138560>, @neofytosk wrote:

  > We'll see if we can improve the style with the next major release.

  Yup, improving is always good…

  Talking of improvements: What would perhaps help to smooth the process a bit is a timeline right in the task description (and possibly add it to the release schedule <https://community.kde.org/Schedules/Applications/18.04_Release_Schedule>), i.e. until when to provide the initial bullet points, when it is time for polishing, when translations start etc.

  For 18.04 it was a bit of back and forth in some parts, in particular I felt a bit uncomfortable having to add more points after you already started the writing/polishing. Having a clear deadline sometimes works wonders in synchronising efforts ;)

TASK DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/T8357