resource and itemMoved()

Martin Koller kollix at aon.at
Sat Apr 7 13:36:35 BST 2018

There is the method itemMoved() in a resource.
As the name suggest, I assume this is called AFTER the akonadi server already
changed the database entries, right ?

What happens when the resource can not finish the real move on the storage ?
In my case, maildir, itemMoved() fails due to an already existing file with the same name in the
destination folder, and it calls cancelTask().

In which state is the database after this failure ?

In my case I find in the mySQL db only ONE entry with this remoteId in the final folder.
So the mail file is still on disk in my inbox but it's not in the DB.

--
Best regards/Schöne Grüße

Martin
A: Because it breaks the logical sequence of discussion
Q: Why is top posting bad?

/\                        - against proprietary attachments

Geschenkideen, Accessoires, Seifen, Kulinarisches: www.lillehus.at