D12019: make sure to create unique filename in maildir resource

Daniel Vrátil noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Apr 9 10:22:44 BST 2018

dvratil added a comment.

  I wonder if this won't make the filenames unnecessarily long. I think that just simply switching to QDateTime::currentMSecsSinceEpoch() would give us enough granularity. There's basically no chance that createUniqueFileName() would be called twice in a single millisecond, and even if so, the chance of two consecutive qrand()s generating the same pseudorandom number reduces the chance of a conflict even further.

INLINE COMMENTS

> maildir.cpp:552-554
> +    QString uuid = QUuid::createUuid().toString().mid(1);  // remove leading '{'
> +    uuid.chop(1);  // remove trailing '}'
> +    QString fileName = uuid + QLatin1Char('.');

I would suggest

  auto uuid = QUuid::createUuid().toString();
  uuid[uuid.size() - 1] = '.'
  return uuid.mid(1);

to avoid unnecessary string copying.

REPOSITORY