KDE Pim: depdendencies

Sandro Knauß sknauss at kde.org
Tue Apr 17 09:59:05 BST 2018

Hey,

I sat down again to prepare the discussion about internal/external
dependencies inside KDE Pim and made some graphs [1]. It shows every created
target (including test applications etc.) including all external dependencies.
as datasource I scanned the cmake files for target_link_libraries and
add_library to find name aliases.

The "raw" graph is very hard to analyse as it is overwhelming. I tried to
reduce the information and sort the nodes, so dot can better display the
graph (detailed-deps-simple.svg). I removed all implicit dependencies and use
coloring:
green - external dependencies
dark-green - tier 0 (only depend on external dependencies)
light-blue - leaf nodes / edges to leaf nodes
strong lines - inter-package dependencies

The svg has tooltips to make it easier to find the partners of links.
But I'm still missing a good viewer t browse the svg/dot file. I'm happy about
any input how to improve...

See ya next weekend.

sandro

[1] https://oc.netzguerilla.net/index.php/s/FRZUdHCntWHqqG3