T6854: Modernizing Kontact look

René J.V. Bertin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Sep 4 09:06:42 BST 2017

rjvbb added a comment.

  > I also agree that Kontact application buttons should be moved to the bottom left as Outlook does.

  The ones where you choose which actual application you want to use? IF moving those to the bottom it should be into the status bar, they should NOT take up additional vertical space.

  Vertical space is at a premium on most all monitors, much more so than horizontal space.

  Can these have shortcuts, btw?

  Another option: the separator that determines the width of the view in which those icons are shown can be moved. There are applications that modify the handle so that clicking it toggles between fully closed and whatever width the user has chosen. I don't think I've seen this in KDE but it must be possible to create such a widget.

TASK DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/T6854