Review Request 130051: Allow the user to silence some sync warnings

Martin Koller kollix at aon.at
Wed Mar 29 07:59:22 BST 2017

On Wednesday, 29 March 2017 08:02:37 CEST Daniel Vrátil wrote:

> We still need to clear the flag after the connection is succesfully established, otherwise the user won't ever again be warned about it, which is not desirable, so then you should call `KMessageBox::enableMessage()`, probably in `loginJobResult()` before calling `advanceStep()`.

I have to disagree here, since this would make the solution useless considering my initial bug report scenario:

I have a POP account, which nicely works, except when I'm in the company network, since they block POP.
The POP account are my private mails and I'm ok with not getting them while in the company.
When I'm at home, POP works, all fine.
I go to work, POP fails, I get the error dialog, I check "don't bother me again", all fine again.
No I come home, POP works again, all fine, but now my checkmark is gone, which means: tomorrow
I will have the same problem in the company again and get the error dialog again.
This is therefore no improvement at all.

--
Best regards/Schöne Grüße

Martin
A: Because it breaks the logical sequence of discussion
Q: Why is top posting bad?

/\                        - against proprietary attachments

Geschenkideen, Accessoires, Seifen, Kulinarisches: www.lillehus.at