libkdepim relicensing

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Sat Jun 10 14:00:46 BST 2017

Hello,

You have contributed in the past to one or more of the following files inside
of libkdepim:
 * addressline/addresseelineedit_p.cpp
 * addressline/addresseelineedit_p.h
 * addressline/addresseelineeditstatic.cpp
 * addressline/addresseelineeditstatic.h
 * completionorder/completionordereditor.cpp
 * completionorder/completionordereditor.h
 * recentaddress/recentaddresses.cpp
 * recentaddress/recentaddresses.h

They are currently licensed as GPLv2 only. It turns out the community would
have a need to use them under the GPLv3. This is why I'm sending you this
email for which I would need "yes/no" answers to a few questions. This way, we
should hopefully be able to unblock ourselves on the files listed above and
help us know what to do for your other contributions shall the need to
relicense them arise.

 1) Are you okay with relicensing your contributions done under "GPLv2" to
"GPLv2 or later"?

 2) Are you okay with relicensing your contributions done under "GPLv2" to
"GPLv2 or GPLv3" ?

 3) Are you okay with relicensing your contributions done under "LGPLv2" to
"LGPLv2 or later"?

 4) Are you okay with relicensing your contributions done under "LGPLv2" to
"LGPLv2 or LGPLv3"?

 5) Are you okay with the KDE e.V. deciding on a future licensing change to
your code, should that be necessary?

Looking forward to your replies. Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards.
--
Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net