Folder deletion problem (Re: Problem with imap resource)

David Faure faure at kde.org
Thu Jan 12 23:10:45 GMT 2017

> > If the folder disappears from KMail that means there is no problem between
> > KMail and Akonadi, but more likely between Akonadi and the IMAP resource.

The problem isn't IMAP specific, it happens with the maildir resource too.
Whichever resource, what happens is that collectionRemoved() is called with an
incomplete ancestor chain (the parent collection has no remoteId).

Clearly a bug in akonadiserver, which I'm not sure how to debug.

Is there a setting for whether collections will provide a full ancestor chain
or not? IIRC there is such a setting for items... but clearly all resources
expect a full ancestor chain in at least collectionRemoved().

Working on KDE Frameworks 5