Folder deletion problem (Re: Problem with imap resource)

Daniel Vrátil dvratil at kde.org
Fri Jan 13 00:06:49 GMT 2017

On Friday, January 13, 2017 12:10:45 AM CET David Faure wrote:
> > > If the folder disappears from KMail that means there is no problem
> > > between
> > > KMail and Akonadi, but more likely between Akonadi and the IMAP
> > > resource.
>
> The problem isn't IMAP specific, it happens with the maildir resource too.
> Whichever resource, what happens is that collectionRemoved() is called with
> an incomplete ancestor chain (the parent collection has no remoteId).
>
> Clearly a bug in akonadiserver, which I'm not sure how to debug.
>
> Is there a setting for whether collections will provide a full ancestor
> chain or not? IIRC there is such a setting for items... but clearly all
> resources expect a full ancestor chain in at least collectionRemoved().

Indeed, there's CollectionFetchScope::setAncestorRetrival(). Both maildir and
IMAP resources have it set to "All", so they should be getting a full ancestor
chain.

First, could you please check in Akonadi Console, Browser tab, whether all the
parent collections of the one you are trying actually do have Remote ID set,
just to be sure?

Then please enable "Debugger" and delete a folder from KMail. You should see
if the server's response to FetchCollections command contains full ancestor
chain. If not it, then there's is a bug on the server. If it contains the
ancestor chain, then we are somehow losing the chain in Monitor. Hopefully we
can then narrow it even further.

Dan

--
Daniel Vrátil