Setting 4.14 PIM bugs to UNMAINTAINED

kdenis at posteo.de kdenis at posteo.de
Fri Jan 20 22:56:35 GMT 2017

Dear pims,

I'd like arrange the second stage of my KDE PIM bug cleaning campaign. This
time, I would close all KDE PIM bugs that have never been confirmed for a
Frameworks-based version. I would skip the WAITINGFORINFO step and set them
directly to UNMAINTAINED. Of course, I plan to leave a comment on every closed
bug again, offering to reopen if the bug is still valid, and explaining the
whole process.

A seemingly large portion of users still uses KDE PIM 4.14. The number of
affected bugs would be huge as well. That's why I want to be extra sure that
all PIM devs are OK with my plan.

I'll gladly take any feedback on this. If you think that closing those bugs is
OK, does the same apply to wishes? Is this delicate enough to even discuss the
wording of the closing comment? Or do I just worry way too much? ;)

Regards
Denis