Bugzilla: new kmail2 component "message viewer"?

Sandro Knauß sknauss at kde.org
Wed Jan 18 20:25:54 GMT 2017

Hey,

> Bugzilla allows you to view bugs from multiple components at once, so a
> new "message viewer" component wouldn't restrict you in any way.

I think more components make sense, because it is easier for me f.ex. to view
the parts that are interesting me/ aka where I'm responsible for. From a user
point of view these components are not straight forward. And I think most user
won't select the correct component them self. Nether the less if it helps you
triage the bugs, I think we should add them.

And also bugzilla supports to store searches, it is a one time task to create
the search that result the same than without the components.

But speaking about bugzilla and kdepim, we also have the kdepim product, from
the time were we had the kdepim repo. Does it make sense to keep it? Split it
to different products?

Best Regards,

sandro