kmail: Storage of messages in subfolders

Volker Wysk post at volker-wysk.de
Sun Jan 1 07:24:40 GMT 2017

On Sunday, 1 January 2017 07:55:01 CET Rüdiger Härtel wrote:

> On the file system there is no .mailing-lists.directory folder.
>
> I repeated your step with the subfolder in drafts. Kmail does not create the
> .drafts.directory folder on the filesystem. Then I copied an email into the
> bla-folder (within kmail) just to see if the directory on the filesystem is
> created only when needed. But still there is no .drafts.direcotry folder in
> the filesystem.

That's odd.  Try this:

Settings -> Configure KMail -> Accounts -> Local Folders -> Modify.

This displays the path where your "local folders" are stored.

> For what I know akonadi stores metadata not the real data. However from what
> I see now I conclude this is not the case. So, is this an akonadi issue
> then?

No, it shouldn't, since it works as expected on my machine.

PS: You need to delete your new "bla" folder in the file system, in order to
get rid of it again. That's a KMail bug.

Bye,
Volker