kmail hangs when downloading email

John Perry john.perry at usm.edu
Sat Dec 16 21:42:28 GMT 2017

Hello

Kmail works okay on some of my accounts and some of my computers, but on one
IMAP account on one computer it likes to hang when downloading email. For
instance, right now it's saying, "Syncing folder 'Trash' (100%)" and if I
click on an email nothing happens; if I double-click a dialog pops up stating,
"Please wait while the message is transferred," but nothing ever happens.

I looked at Akonadi Console and I see that a number of "SyncCollection" jobs
are left at state "Waiting" with info "491", "492", ..., "496". There's also a
"SyncAllDone" and "SyncCollectionAttributes" left at state "Waiting". The Job
Tracker tells me that Akonadi::ItemSync is Running on Collection 490 (INBOX)
and Akonadi::TransactionSequence is Running, but every instance of
Akonadi::ItemCreateJob and Akonadi::ItemFetchJob has ended.

I once deleted this kmail account (IMAP, so no great loss) and re-created it
and it seemed to work, but after not very long at all it started hanging
again.

Does anyone have a suggestion on what might be going wrong, and how to fix it?

regards
john perry

--
John Perry, PhD + Associate Professor of Mathematics
University of Southern Mississippi

A good mathematics teacher should tell the truth and nothing but the truth,
but never ever ever the whole truth.
    -- Adrian Riskin