T6854: Modernizing Kontact look

Daniel Vrátil noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Aug 23 21:26:29 BST 2017

dvratil added a comment.

  @andreaska well that's why I cc'd VDG on this from the beginning :-)

  > Where is the header from folderview? If we don't have it we don't have access to column settings as "size icon" as "show unread"/show size etc. We can't hide/show tooltip etc.

  I removed it for now - the usefulness of those options is questionable and I think we should aim more at simply honoring KDE-wide settings regarding icon sizes, and just decide to have tooltips always on. Regarding toggling size/count/read/unread - this view I'd just go with simply showing the unread count in parenthesis, no other options. Is it really useful to see message count/size in the folder view? You can always read it in the tooltip, but otherwise I think it's kinda useless....In any case I would keep the old folder view as an option (we already have message list themes, message viewer themes, we can easily have folder view themes :-)) and the old view would keep all the features preserved.

  Another reason why I removed the header is that I really don't like how it looks like in Breeze with a scrollbar - notice on the screenshot how the scrollbar goes all the way up next to the header, seemingly cutting-off the header? I think it's quite ugly. It also did not look well in combination with the same-as-window-background.

TASK DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/T6854