Akonadi EWS resource - bugfix release 0.8.1

Krzysztof Nowicki krissn at op.pl
Thu Oct 27 12:00:58 BST 2016

Hi,

Due to lack of time development of new features for Akonadi EWS has slowed
down. In the meantime a number of issues have been reported by early adopters.
Most of them have been fixed and I have decided to publish a bugfix release in
order to deliver these changes to everyone.

Notable changes in this release include:

 * Improved collection tree retrieval:
    - Fixed full collection tree synchronisation for some servers (bug #2).
    - Fixed incremental collection tree synchronisation.
    - Reduced the number of full collection tree retrievals by keeping the
      state persistent.

 * Fixed Qt 5.7 compatibility

 * Fixed crash upon encountering a distribution list item (bug #7).

 * Improved behaviour in case of temporary server connection loss.

 * Added option to customise User Agent string sent to the server.

 * Added option to enable NTLMv2 authentication.

 * Allow specifying an empty domain name (bug #3). Requires KF 5.28 to have
    any effect.

 * Fixed dates when copying items from other resources to the Sent Items
    folder (bug #5).

 * Improved batch item retrieval performance (will be effective with KDE
    Applications 16.12).

 * Synchronise the collection tree upon connection. Fixes empty collection
    tree after adding a new resource until a manual mail fetch is triggered
    (bug #15).

The release if available on GitHub (https://github.com/KrissN/akonadi-ews)
along with some packages for popular distros.

Now it's time to really get into the calendar work in order to have it ready
for the next release.

Also I'd like to see if I can push some of the outstanding changes for KMail,
but given that the KDE Apps 16.12 freeze is close I'd like to avoid any major
changes.

Regards
Chris