[Differential] [Commented On] D3140: Add formatters for application/pgp-keys and application/vnd.gnupg.wks body parts

bjoernbalazs (Bjoern Balazs) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Nov 1 09:30:20 GMT 2016

bjoernbalazs added a comment.

  Ok, when saving a local copy of the key is not our intention, then the proposed solution obviously is wrong :)

  If we really want to push the WKD in favor of local copies (I hope you have thought about the offline mail composing :) ), I would argue to handle public keys just like other attachments. Usability wise, it would probably make more sense to improve the attachments section in general than to find a public-key specific solution, like it is proposed in this patch.

  My main criticism on the proposed patch is that the generated message is shown at the end of a mail - even below signatures and qutotaions - while still looking like being part of the mail. Very many users will fail to notice it.

  Let me know if we want to put some effort into the attachments section now. My ideas go into the direction of grouping the attachments by type (can we integrate views from dolphin?) and allowing type specific (bulk) actions. But: "Just" showing the key like current attachments is fine as well. Users, who know what public keys are, can handle them, users who don't should not save them locally anyway and hence do not necessarily need more explanation.

REPOSITORY
  rKDEPIMADDONS KDE PIM Addons

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D3140