[Differential] [Commented On] D3140: Add formatters for application/pgp-keys and application/vnd.gnupg.wks body parts

aheinecke (Andre Heinecke) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Nov 1 09:41:46 GMT 2016

aheinecke added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D3140#59803, @bjoernbalazs wrote:

  > Ok, when saving a local copy of the key is not our intention, then the proposed solution obviously is wrong :)
  >
  > If we really want to push the WKD in favor of local copies (I hope you have thought about the offline mail composing :) ), I would argue to handle public keys just like other attachments. Usability wise, it would probably make more sense to improve the attachments section in general than to find a public-key specific solution, like it is proposed in this patch.

  Just to clarify here, we don't want to get rid of a local keyring in favor of online only key discovery. The WKD is intended to help with initial key discovery, finding a key for your communication partner with some indication (provided by the mail service provider) that this key is the correct one for the owner of this mail address. If gnupg finds a key in the WKD it is imported locally and available for future communications without the need to contact the WKD again.
  The key should be refreshed from time to time to handle revocations / key exchange etc. but this is different and can happen through the usual mechanisms.

REPOSITORY
  rKDEPIMADDONS KDE PIM Addons

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D3140