KIMAP2

Christian Mollekopf chrigi_1 at fastmail.fm
Tue Nov 15 14:39:48 GMT 2016

Just to clarify, I'm not looking to merge right now.
I'm trying to outline my plans so we can discuss what works best for
everyone.

If kimap goes to frameworks (unlike kimap2) there very well might be no
porting for some time to come,
although that is clearly not what I recommend.
In terms of porting the API changes aren't very large, so it should't be
 a huge effort, but I can go into more detail if necessary.

Anyways, we'll certainly wait with for the Applications 16.12 branching,
an d I'll also wait until we have reached a conclusion on how to move
forward, this was just a proposal.

Cheers,
Christian