KIMAP2

laurent Montel montel at kde.org
Tue Nov 15 14:55:39 GMT 2016

Le mardi 15 novembre 2016, 15:13:09 CET Christian Mollekopf a écrit :
> Hi,

Hi,

> I have largely completed the transition to KIMAP2 and will thus retire
> KIMAP. Since I know you are probably continuing to use KIMAP at least
> for some time, I made KIMAP2 completely coinstallable and namespaced
> everything into KIMAP2.
> However I will only be able to maintain KIMAP2, and not KIMAP. If you
> want to keep KIMAP around (I assume you do), I suggest we release it
> from a stable branch "kimap", as I would like to move master to kimap2.
> If that causes large problems with the way things are released let's
> discuss alternative solutions.

I understand that you don't  want to maintain KIMAP (but you are the
maintainer...)  but we can't merge KIMAP2 as it. It was not reviewed, we
didn't see a usage of it (just kube which is not release yet).

Kdepim uses it for kdepim resource, it's used from age, it's stable.

Nobody evaluated your new code, as you commited them without review between
patchs.

So for sure we will not merge in kimap now.

But it can be live in dev/kimap2 if you want but not merge directly in kimap.

Or you can create a branch "kimap2" or a new repo if you want to release it in
the future, but merging in kimap at the actual state is not possible.

There is no reason to merge it in kimap directory, so you don't have date for
release imap, it's not stable and it was not reviewed.

I don't want to have in master a not used lib which is not stable and perhaps
stable in very long term.

If you want to create a framework you need to maintain it... (not as you did
with kimap...) => you need to fix bug report reported on bugzilla etc.

Perhaps that your new code is better, but it will be hard to review now as
it's an monolithic code...

Regards.

--
Laurent Montel | laurent.montel at kdab.com | KDE/Qt Senior Software Engineer
KDAB (France) S.A.S., a KDAB Group company Tel. France +33 (0)4 90 84 08 53,