[Differential] [Commented On] D3432: Initial TOFU support in messageviewer

knauss (Sandro Knauß) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Nov 29 13:04:02 GMT 2016

knauss added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> defaultrenderer.cpp:1008
> +            // Not enough TOFU trust, or key is well trusted/not trusted at all
> +            if (metaData.keyTrust == GpgME::Signature::Unknown) {
> +                block.setProperty("keyTrust", QStringLiteral("unknown"));

well if it is unknon we should better use Tofu, this is for sure better than Unknown.

> defaultrenderer.cpp:1187
> +                    if (metaData.isGoodSignature && mp->tofuValidity() != GpgME::TofuInfo::Conflict) {
> +                        if (mp->tofuValidity() < GpgME::TofuInfo::LargeHistory) {
>                              mClass = QStringLiteral("signOkKeyBad");

here you have to support the same logic as above, if tofu < GpgME::TofuInfo::LittleHistory than keyTrust.

> messagepart.cpp:732
>      mMetaData.status_code = GPGME_SIG_STAT_NONE;
> +    Q_ASSERT(!fromAddress.isEmpty());
>  }

Not good to have this in commited code except from tests, plase replace this with a qError or anything, that would allow a running program not to crash.

> messagepart.cpp:865
> +        GpgME::Signature signature;
> +        GpgME::UserID userId;
> +

this variable is only set (l919,l933) but never read? So this can be deleted?

> messagepart.cpp:889
> +            // is well-trusted, so there's no need to bother with TOFU.
> +            if (sig.validity() == GpgME::Signature::Validity::Marginal) {
> +                const auto tofu = uid->tofuInfo();

and what about Validity::Unknown?

> messagepart.cpp:920
> +                userId = *uid;
> +                if (tofu.signCount() > 10) {
> +                    // Trusted-enough, let's use this signature!

this is a little bit strage, to read a number here and not anything from gpgme, does that means, that gpg do not give hints, when a key is trust worthy?

why is 10 a good number? Is there any discussion about this threshold?

REPOSITORY
  R94 PIM: Message Library

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D3432