[Kde-pim] how to re-index all mails ?

Daniel Vrátil me at dvratil.cz
Thu May 12 18:07:25 BST 2016

On May 12, 2016 8:32:49 AM GMT+02:00, Martin Koller <kollix at aon.at> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Some weeks ago I converted from PIM4 to PIM5. Since this did not work
>out, I moved back to PIM4
>(I restored the whole ~/.local/share/akonadi AFAIR).
>Everything seems to work correctly except searching for mails does no
>longer find old mails.
>It seems just the new ones which arrived after my switch back to PIM4
>are indexed.
>Also the contacts are no longer auto-completed when creating a new mail
>(except the recently used addresses work).
>
>How can I force PIM4 to reindex all my mails to get the search work
>again ?

Stop Akonadi and remove ~/.local/share/baloo/{contacts,calendars,mail,mailContacts} (the names might be slightly different, but you get the idea...) and ~/. config/baloorc, that will force the indexer to index everything from scratch.

Dan

>--
>Best regards/Schöne Grüße
>
>Martin
>A: Because it breaks the logical sequence of discussion
>Q: Why is top posting bad?
>
>()  ascii ribbon campaign - against html e-mail
>/\                        - against proprietary attachments
>
>Geschenkideen, Accessoires, Seifen, Kulinarisches: www.lillehus.at

Daniel Vrátil
www.dvratil.cz | me at dvratil.cz
facebook.com/danvratil | @danvratil | +DanVrátil