[Kde-pim] [Differential] [Updated] D1636: Implement client-side threading cache

dvratil (Daniel Vrátil) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun May 22 00:15:44 BST 2016

dvratil marked 4 inline comments as done.
dvratil added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> dfaure wrote in model.cpp:763
> What if the user chose no threading, i.e. flat list?
> Does the cache bring anything to the picture in that case, or just overhead?
> AFAICS it's just overhead, writing out the full list of all items with a null parent into the cache. So I think the cache should be skipped if no threading is happening.
>
> I use flat list in many folders, I'd like this opportunity while it's fresh in your head to ask if anything can be done to make that fast too :-)

Good point. I extended the logic a bit and completely disabled the cache for no-threading case.

>> I use flat list in many folders, I'd like this opportunity while it's fresh in your head to ask if anything can be done to make that fast too :-)

It basically boils down to the Model emitting beginInsertRows()/endInsertRows() for every single item. Disabling grouping should speed it up a little bit more. I'm looking into it now, I basically want to create some sort of insertion aggregator that would be able to insert items and emit beginInsertRows() in larger batches. However the code relies heavily on inserted items being immediately available in the internal tree (and the view as well, for auto-expanded threads), which makes this a tricky task

REPOSITORY
  rMESSAGELIB PIM: Message Library

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D1636