[Kde-pim] building kdepim v16.04.2 without webkit

Jos van den Oever jos at vandenoever.info
Tue Jun 28 11:43:19 BST 2016

On Tuesday 28 June 2016 12:23:19 laurent Montel wrote:
> Le mardi 28 juin 2016, 10:08:10 CEST Jos van den Oever a écrit :
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm packaging kdepim for nixpkgs and have stumbled on kdepim-apps-libs.
> > In branch v16.04.2 there is still the use of KF5WebKit in CMakeLists.txt.
> > kdepim-apps-libs is requirement of kdepim, so kdepim cannot be built
> > without QtWebKit.
> >
> > pimcommon v16.04.2 still has a QWebView dependency, but that can be
> > patched
> > to QWebEngineView.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Jos
>
> Hi,
> In 16.04 it's not possible to build without qtwebkit.
> (in 16.08 I ported to QtWebEngine but I still a class to port to it).
> So for the moment you can't and you mustn't use in 16.04 QtWebEngine it's
> not perfect and it needs a Qt5.6.0 5.5.0 is too limited.

nixpkgs uses Qt 5.6 for KDE applications. The Qt 5.6 release notes say:

  With 5.6, Qt WebKit and Qt Quick 1 will no longer be supported and are
dropped from the release. The source code for these modules will still be
available. You can continue to compile and use these modules, but we will not
be supporting them any longer.

Do distributions still use Qt WebKit from Qt 5.6?
Or is it not possible to use kdepim 16.04 with Qt 5.6?

Cheers,
Jos