[Kde-pim] Akonadi not starting / Installed with kAlarm

Hessler, Klaus-Michael post at kmhessler.de
Mon Jul 11 10:48:58 BST 2016

Hello,

I had my very first contact with Akonadi when I installed kAlarm from
the repository (kUBUNTU 16.04).  There I got an error 'Akonadi service
not running', the kAlarm-Menu greyed (not accessible). Pressing the
button 'Start' runs into another error 'Akonadi service not running
correctly', I got this message in German language here.

I do not use any Akonadi-application (as far as I know), but I have a
mySQL-server and -client running with several databases. The
mySQL-server has been moved to a different harddisk.

What can I do to solve that issue? Any help very appreciated.

Best regards
Michael