[Kde-pim] Akonadi not starting / Installed with kAlarm

Martin Steigerwald martin at lichtvoll.de
Mon Jul 11 20:34:04 BST 2016

Hello Klaus-Michael,

please use kdepim-users mailing list for user support questions.

Am Montag, 11. Juli 2016, 11:48:58 CEST schrieb Hessler, Klaus-Michael:
> Hello,
>
> I had my very first contact with Akonadi when I installed kAlarm from
> the repository (kUBUNTU 16.04).  There I got an error 'Akonadi service
> not running', the kAlarm-Menu greyed (not accessible). Pressing the
> button 'Start' runs into another error 'Akonadi service not running
> correctly', I got this message in German language here.
>
> I do not use any Akonadi-application (as far as I know), but I have a
> mySQL-server and -client running with several databases. The
> mySQL-server has been moved to a different harddisk.

KAlarm is an Akonadi based application.

> What can I do to solve that issue? Any help very appreciated.

No idea, I think it offers you a way to see the error / self-test log of
Akonadi. Without that log I cannot say anymore more. You can also find it
below ~/.local/share/akonadi.

Please follow up on KDEPIM Users mailinglist.

Thanks,
--
Martin