[Kde-pim] Kube UX Hangout

Christian Mollekopf chrigi_1 at fastmail.fm
Tue Feb 23 12:56:14 GMT 2016

Hey,

It's been a bit silent with vacations and exams interrupting our regular
work, however, we've not been standing still either =)
As a follow up you'll can find the meeting notes of the last two weeks
(we missed the notes on one as notes.kde.org has been down):

* https://notes.kde.org/p/pim_weekly_11
* https://notes.kde.org/p/pim_weekly_12
* https://notes.kde.org/p/pim_weekly_13

Some of the highlights:
* Sandro built a prototype of the mailviewer based on the mail rendering
code we have in kmail
* Sink now has sorted indexes which allows us to retrieve the first 1000
emails of a set of 50'000 in 65ms (which means we don't have to cache
anything)
* The maildir resource can now synchronize 25k mails in 40s (which
starts to make it useful)
* Michael built a prototype of a composer
* We can almost completely reformat our codebase with clang-format, with

...so we're getting close to a somewhat usable client =) I'm already
pairing it with offlineimap to get to my mail, so all that I need now is
a way to send mail =P

The next meeting will be tomorrow, 16:00 CET.

Cheers!