[Kde-pim] [Differential] [Commented On] D927: Implement KDBusService alternative for Windows

aheinecke (Andre Heinecke) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Feb 10 15:17:34 GMT 2016

aheinecke added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D927#18070, @apol wrote:

  > > @apol: Any idea if we could put a copy of QtSingleApplication (maybe rename, too) somewhere in KF5? This class is needed by several apps (can think of kate + kdevelop) on OS X (optional) + Windows (much needed, we don't want DBUS there).
  >
  > I'm not too sure how it's meant to be used. Is it meant to be copied over into every application?

  This was my question, too Krita copied it in.

  > Maybe it would make sense to come up with a KSingleApplication framework and get the code in as a tier1. Or see if we can get it in QtCore somehow. It bothers me slightly the unnecessary coupling with Q*Application and lack of integration with QCommandLineParser.

  I also dislike the coupling and the interface for message sending there would be need for some ifdef'ed glue code. I did not want.
  Lokalize btw. does a similar thing to implement a Unique Application like behavior (also using window messages).

  > Either way, I can't but agree that it needs work, although it might fill the needs of Kleopatra as is.

  Do you mean this patch needs work or that a KSingleApplication needs work?

  For this patch I think we could add locking in the responder to avoid to have to check and kill if there is already a process it is responding to. But I don't see this as a Problem for Kleopatra and even in that case by killing the Application already responding too the only information lost should be the return code.

  Do you see other Problems?

REPOSITORY
  rKDEPIM KDE PIM

REVISION DETAIL