libkdav

Daniel Vrátil dvratil at kde.org
Thu Dec 29 12:23:06 GMT 2016

On Thursday, December 29, 2016 12:31:00 AM CET Sandro Knauß wrote:
> Hey,
>
> We now have a new created repository named pim/kdav ( a DAV library for
> GroupDAV, CalDav and CardDav). That we split out kdepim-runtime. This
> library is now in ready for review. It builds already and together with
> hefee/dev/kdav branch in kdepim-runtime and is a functional replacement. At
> the moment kdepim-runtime is not taking any usage of kdav.
>
> Some outlines:
> everything is GPL2+
> dependencies: QtCore, QtGui, QtXml and KioCore
>
> It is planned to release kdav within 17.04. But this is not a formal mail to
> add this repo to the list of released repos.
>
> Rough future plan:
> * make sure kdav compiles at CI
> * merge  hefee/dev/kdav branch and make sure it works with a owncloud
> resource * streamline version numbers with KDEPIM & send a fromal mail to
> release team to add kdav.
>
> Some remakes:
> * version number is not streamlines with KDEPIM ( this will be done if we
> switch kdepim-runtime ti actually use it)
> * @i18n-team: no need to copy strings to other repos, they will stay in
> kdepim-runtime (but in other files)
> * I don't want to put this into the KF5 namespace, because it is not a
> Frameworks, and I think we as PIMsters were wrong in pushing this into that
> namespace.

I discussed this with Laurent back in September and I think we should use
"PIM" or "KPIM" namespace for our libs. Of course switching that everywhere is
a huge effort, that's why we haven't done that anywhere yet, but maybe KDAV
could be a first step in the right direction...

Dan

> * CI support will come  and is already requested :)

Make sure to add the library to the "KDE PIM" view on the CI as well.

Haven't checked the code yet, but as Laurent suggested, we should have at
least rudimentary autotests.

Cheers,
Dan

--
Daniel Vrátil
www.dvratil.cz | dvratil at kde.org

GPG Key: 0x4D69557AECB13683
Fingerprint: 0ABD FA55 A4E6 BEA9 9A83 EA97 4D69 557A ECB1 3683