[Kde-pim] Akonadi keeps re-downloading gigabytes of mail, and other problems

Sandro Knauß sknauss at kde.org
Sat Apr 30 16:11:22 BST 2016

Hi,

I also had this problem, that akonadi was dowloading my Sent folder over and
over again the last days. I fixed it with the deletion of dangling items (items
that only exist in akonadi). For me there were two items without a remoteId,
that triggered the resync everytime. The creation of the dangling items
happend, when my laptop crashed hard with a kernel panic, and left akonadi no
time to save anything...

Okay here how to search for dangling items:

akonadiconsole -> Db Console

enter at the lower part the SQL statement and hit button on the right to
execute:
Select * from PimItemTable Where remoteId is NULL or dirty = 1;

If this list is not empty after a complete sync (Sync all folders), than it is
very likely that these items are the reason for the resync.

remoteId NULL means a new item was created in akonadi and not yet synced to
remote

dirty=1 tells akoandi that this item was changed by akonadi and is not yet
synced to remote.

But let's look together to your list of dangling items...

Regards,

sandro