[Kde-pim] Akonadi keeps re-downloading gigabytes of mail, and other problems

T.C.Berner tcberner at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 13:58:25 BST 2016

Hi

Nope, that is not what I see. -- and its not a rare issue, it's the norm
here.
kdepim-kf5 is unusable for me.

As mentioned before in IRC, folders with < 1000 mails work fine (by that I
mean, that the
message list at least loads the message entries. If the message text gets
displayed is
another coin-toss).

Folders with >= 1000 mails seem to have reproducible issues, and get
constantly
refetched. The issue is, that the last few messages seem to be missing all
the
 time (a folder with 2847 has only 2800, one with 5582 only 5500).

What I see is
===
[...]
akonadicore_log: Received:  100 In total:  5400  Wanted:  5582
akonadicore_log: Received:  100 In total:  5500  Wanted:  5582
akonadicore_log: Received:  82 In total:  5582  Wanted:  5582
akonadicore_log: Invalid command, the world is going to end!
akonadicore_log: connectToServer
"/tmp/akonadi-Tobias.MkG1rh/akonadiserver.socket"
akonadicore_log: "Cannot connect to the Akonadi service."
Shutting down "akonadi_imap_resource_9" ...
Database "akonadi" opened using driver "QPSQL"
Invalid command: no such handler for Transaction
akonadicore_log: Connected to "Akonadi" , using protocol version 53
akonadicore_log: Server says: "Not Really IMAP server"
[...]
===

[Note, this happens with any db-backend, be it MYSQL or SQLITE, so it is not
related to QPSQL].

Any ideas on how to fix/debug this are welcome.

mfg Tobias