[Kde-pim] QT 5.6.0

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Fri Apr 15 18:44:58 BST 2016

Hello,

On Friday, 15 April 2016 19:11:06 CEST Daniel Vrátil wrote:
> I'm with Laurent on this. It's unfortunate that Laurent didn't check with
> the CI people first and maybe waited a week or two until requiring Qt 5.6,

It's exactly what I have an issue with. It should be a) communicated and b)
coordinated with the other groups depending on it, in that case the CI.

If I'm pointing it out like that it's because it seems to be a recurring issue
(in other forms). So better be aware of it if we wanted to see improvement.

> the argument that we should not switch to a new dependency just because
> it's "too new" is IMO wrong.

Note it's not what I defended. But switching to a new dependency not even
available on CI is a problem. That forces the hand of the sysadmins and
generate extra work and pressure for them. I'd rather see them upgrade
dependencies like that on their own agenda.

Regards.
--
Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net