[Kde-pim] Kleopatra / GpgME++ maintainership

Andre Heinecke aheinecke at intevation.de
Tue Oct 13 12:06:33 BST 2015

Hi,

After maintaining Kleopatra as part of Gpg4win since 2013 I'd like to officially
take over the maintainership of Kleopatra and Gpgme++.

Thanks to the funding we (at Intevation) will have through the Gpg4all project
(Volker already forwarded our announcement about that) I'll have time to work
on Gpg4win and Kleopatra in the next years.

I've asked Marc Mutz as the current maintainer and he's OK with me taking
over.

Apart from general bugfixing / maintenance some of our plans are:

- Improving the User experience for new users. To assist them
  how to work with GnuPG through Kleopatra.

- General usability improvements especially regarding Key validity and
  OpenPGP.

- Improved UI Server dialogs for usage from GpgEX and GpgOL

- Improved OpenPGP Smartcard support.

- Some (more) Unit Tests.

- Several smaller issues like automatic file content detection or revocation
  certificate support.

I'd also like to move libkleo and Kleopatra out of the main kdepim repository
as I think it makes sense and it would help with dependency management without
something like the old KDEPIM_ONLY_KLEO hack. :-)

libkleo should imo also become a framework library with a stable API, as
already suggested in the kdepim tasks.

This is of course something to be discussed.

For GpgMe++:

- Finally including gpgme++ as the official C++ bindings in GpgME itself.
  (There is agreement with the gpgme maintainer that this should be done \o/ )

Regards,
Andre

--
Andre Heinecke |  ++49-541-335083-262  | http://www.intevation.de/