[Kde-pim] KHolidays release

John Layt jlayt at kde.org
Sun May 3 19:27:14 BST 2015

Hi,

I've found some time this long weekend to get back on to the KF5
release of KHolidays. I pushed a refreshed version of the commits to
kholidays/kf5-port3 [1]. I've also posted all the changes to
ReviewBoard.

I've been thinking about the GUi widget and Qt Designer plugin I
provide, the consequence of which is that KHolidays becomes a Tier 4
library when really it could easily be a Tier 1 library. I could split
the single solitary widget out into a separate library, but that seems
overkill. I could port it to using Qt-only widgets, but then I lose
some nice auto-complete stuff and still need QtGui and QtDesigner as a
dependency when just QtCore would be nice. The only place the widget
is currently used is in the Plasma calendar, so I could move it there,
but it's also intended to be used in KOrganiser once it supports
multiple holiday regions. Ideally I guess there would be a KPimWidgets
library that provides a bunch of other basic PIM widgets as well, are
there any plans for this? Or other suggestions?  The other step needed
for Tier 1 status would be porting away from Ki18n.

The final step before release would be to update the code style to
match KF5 standards.

John.

[1] http://quickgit.kde.org/?p=kholidays.git&a=log&h=01aef1ad09b2919bb1f6db6ef9ca818181f69bd4