[Kde-pim] Jenkins mails make the list unreadable again.

Martin Steigerwald martin at lichtvoll.de
Sun May 24 19:24:09 BST 2015

Am Sonntag, 24. Mai 2015, 19:51:09 schrieb Kevin Ottens:
> On Sunday 24 May 2015 14:35:51 Mark Gaiser wrote:
> > Fixing the build is obviously the way to go. But you can't expect anyone
> > that reads this list to be capable of fixing the build.
>
> It's not what I said either. By "we", I meant the KDEPIM team. It's a
> collective failure.

I still wonder whether having this mail go out every two hours helps even a
tiny bit to address this "collective failure" as you call it.

At least, I´d be more annoyed than willing to fix anything if I am reminded
like that, especially when the reminder comes in a time, where other things
are more pressing to me.

Anyway, my KMail is configured to mark all of these mails as read and
threading view will nicely collapse them then. But if I were a developer
contributing regularily this filtering would not be in line with the intended
intention of the mail flooding. But still, I think even then I would handle
it that way as long as these mails come every two hours. Or as I see
sometimes even more often.

So while I personally have not much of an issue with these mails due to my
filtering setup, I question the usefulness of them in that high frequency. I
think they serve nothing to motivate people to fix things and rather just
create annoyance.

So how about once daily and just when it flaps?

Of course, if you desire to be annoyed like that, its all your choice. I
will continue to have Akonadi mark them as read automatically.