[Kde-pim] [kcalcore] DST transitions determined from VTIMEZONE DAYLIGHT RRULE

Chris Adams chris.adams at jolla.com
Tue May 19 03:24:54 BST 2015

Hi,

I have been investigating a bug[1] which showed up in our CalDAV sync plugin on the Jolla smartphone.
We use KCalCore to parse the iCal data into events for storage into our mKCal backend.

The bug is that, in some cases, the list of transitions which (should be) specified by a DAYLIGHT
component's RRULE are not determined correctly by KCalCore.  The reason seems to be the
following line of code:

https://projects.kde.org/projects/kde/pim/kcalcore/repository/revisions/master/entry/src/icaltimezones.cpp#L1260

which results in an invalid localStart datetime being used as the interval beginning.

My fix for this issue is at: https://github.com/mer-packages/kcalcore/pull/7/files

Firstly, do you think that this is the correct way to resolve this issue?
Or does this problem imply a deeper problem with the way the icaltimetype struct data is being
interpreted, which should require other changes to KCalCore?  I had a look at the toQTime()
function, and it seems sane, so I'm not sure what is going wrong...

Secondly, if it is correct, please feel free to cherry pick that change upstream.

Kind regards,
Chris.

[1] full description of issue, plus a simple repro application, can be found at:
https://github.com/nemomobile/buteo-sync-plugin-caldav/issues/50