[Kde-pim] Feature Request:Order of resync

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 22:09:31 GMT 2015

Hi all - have a *large* gmail account - 200,000+ messages. Using
kontact/akonadi over IMAP, with everything cached locally. On the wheel
works well. Caching is great since I have a slow (ADSL1 1.2 Mbps)
connection.

Until I got some db corruption - screeds of index errors and warnings about
corruption in the akonadi console.

Ok, so off'd .local/share/akonadi and let it start resyncing. Unfortunately
its syncing oldest messages first, 12 hours later its onl;y got to 2013 and
I have to sue webmail to see my new messages, which is painful because
akonadi hammering the bandwidth.

Would it be possible to have akonadi returns messages in newest order first?

side note: some repair tools for the DB would be great to. It should be
possible to rebuild corrupted indexes without deleting and recreating the
entire DB.
--
Lindsay