[Kde-pim] kdepim unbuildable with kdesrc-build

Volker Krause vkrause at kde.org
Mon Aug 24 10:42:10 BST 2015

Hi Martin,

sorry about that.

I'm not exactly sure what is wrong here, I use kdesrc-build myself, for kdepim
and everything else of KDE I use, and never had this issue with kdepim. Last
time I saw similar issues was in the very early KF5 days, when stuff was still
moving a lot, and you are right, these issues are very frustrating to debug.

I also usually have the old builds still around, both in build and install
locations, so that sounds similar to your setup, and my kdesrc-build
configuration is pretty much vanilla upstream.

I'm also not aware of anything non-standard we do regarding library search
paths etc, so without further input I unfortunately have no idea how to
improve the situation :-(

Anyone else seeing this, or similar issues with building manually? Which
library is picked up over which other one in the case things go wrong, for
which target, and what do the CMake config files say for those libraries? I
have seen switching between debug and release builds creating duplicate config
files, and thus resulting in an outdated one still being around after some
time, something similar might be happening here.

regards,
Volker