[Kde-pim] Cleaning up obsolete features

Jan Kundrát jkt at kde.org
Fri Aug 14 21:39:20 BST 2015

On Friday, 31 July 2015 21:47:20 CEST, Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> Does KMail meanwhile make sure that it sends an FQDN, at the
> momentant I still
> have this in my Postfix mail server main.cf:
>
> smtpd_helo_restrictions =
>         reject_invalid_helo_hostname
>         # Removed server didn´t accept mail from KMail., 31.5.2007, Martin
>         #reject_non_fqdn_helo_hostname
>         #reject_unknown_helo_hostname
>
> (That also means I never tried setting a FQDN in KMail configuration.)

Hi,
if your submission server requires a real FQDN (or anything besides
"localhost"), then its configuration is broken. Please see [1] for some
additional context, and note that this is about message *submission* (and
therefore TCP port 587 as defined by RFC 6409 [2]), not your generic MTA
listening at the TCP port 25.

Hope this helps,
Jan

[1] http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf-822/current/msg06702.html