[Kde-pim] Bug triage?

Martin Steigerwald martin at lichtvoll.de
Sun Apr 12 13:57:27 BST 2015

Am Donnerstag, 26. März 2015, 09:56:00 schrieb Allen Winter:
> On Thursday, March 26, 2015 12:51:56 PM Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> > Am Montag, 23. März 2015, 16:39:45 schrieb Vishesh Handa:
> > > On Sun, Mar 22, 2015 at 1:48 AM, Sandro Knauß <mail at sandroknauss.de>
> >
> > wrote:
> >
> > Hi,

> > > Yup.
> > >
> > > We mark those bugs as NEEDSINFO, WAITINGFORINFO. Wait for about a
> > > month, and then if there is no reply, close the bug.
> >
> > Thanks Vishesh and Sandro.
> >
> > I think I will work on bug triaging in small chunks of time to see how
> > it goes. I may need some bugzilla karma for that, but I will request
> > so if I find it to be the case.
> >
> > Well, and maybe I will be at Randa and bring with me my crazy monster
> > mail setup :).
>
> Let me know if you need bug closing and more bugzilla-fu to deal
> effectively with this.

I now started this work with a first batch of bugs that turn up when
searching for kmail2 as a component and the key word "nepomuk".

I set most of them to waiting for info of course with a comment asking for
confirmation whether the issue is still there and to provide additional
information as I saw necessary.

A few ancient ones I set to resolved/unmaintained with a clear offer to
reopen them in case they still exist.

I still wonder on procedure at times:

[13:54:03] <helios21> I wonder about procedure on waiting for info. In
some requests for information on very outdated bugs I announced that I
will close within a month in case of no reply, but is that even necessary
when setting "waiting for info"?
[13:54:54] <helios21> I am currently going through kmail bugreports with
nepomuk as keyword in it and I wonder whether it might be good to set to
RESOLVED/UNMAINTAINED after a month without reply.
[13:55:08] <helios21> I have seen Laurent doing this on some ancient bug
reports today :)

I will keep it at this first batch for now and continue at another time.

Thanks,