[Kde-pim] Restructuring Baloo

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Sun Sep 21 08:40:33 BST 2014

On Friday 19 September 2014 16:45:29 Vishesh Handa wrote:
> * We can move the reading/writing of tags to KFileMetaData as it is
> "metadata" related.

This sounds like a fairly large-scale API shuffling to me. I don't know where
baloo lives in the hierarchy of dependencies wrt. kfilemetadata, but everyone
who depends on baloo for tagging and rating must now depend on something else
(which again, depending on the dependency tree might be something they already
have, but you're still breaking an API and forcing source changes on third
parties).

[ade]