[Kde-pim] PIM Sprint report: Akonadi Next

Martin Klapetek martin.klapetek at gmail.com
Sat Nov 29 21:57:11 GMT 2014

On Fri, Nov 28, 2014 at 2:01 PM, Sebastian Kügler <sebas at kde.org> wrote:

> On Friday, November 28, 2014 08:01:46 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > > * calendar: appointments from akonadi in common with korganizer
> >
> > How important is this on a scale of 1 to 10 where 1 is "nobody even uses
> > this  feature" to 10 which is "it is a critical part of the daily
> workflow
> > for a large percentage of users"?
> >
> > I would personally put it at 3 or maybe a 4, as it is only useful to the
> > subset of users who:
>
> It's much higher on that scale. The appointments and calendaring data
> missing
> is currently our biggest regression in terms of features in Plasma 5.
> People
> notice, ask for it, and it gets mentioned in reviews as "still missing". We
> really want to fix that.

Also it's not just KOrganizer appointments; it's any calendaring data
akonadi has/can have and that can be Facebook events, Google calendar,
birthdays or any other day tasks or anniversaries or whatever else. I know
many people who use eg. Google Calendar for managing the calendar, but use
other means of quickly checking the day/week agenda, and one of these means
can also be Plasma's calendar (back when I was using GCalendar, I had 4
calendars and I used to have a GMail widget showing me the overview of
today).

And that definitely puts it higher on the scale. Imo, anyway.

Cheers
--
Martin Klapetek | KDE Developer