[Kde-pim] PIM Sprint report: Akonadi Next

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Fri Nov 28 13:01:05 GMT 2014

On Friday, November 28, 2014 08:01:46 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > * calendar: appointments from akonadi in common with korganizer
>
> How important is this on a scale of 1 to 10 where 1 is "nobody even uses
> this  feature" to 10 which is "it is a critical part of the daily workflow
> for a large percentage of users"?
>
> I would personally put it at 3 or maybe a 4, as it is only useful to the
> subset of users who:

It's much higher on that scale. The appointments and calendaring data missing
is currently our biggest regression in terms of features in Plasma 5. People
notice, ask for it, and it gets mentioned in reviews as "still missing". We
really want to fix that.

If the scope of KDEPIM is artificially reduced by making features that others
request less important, that is not going to help the resource problem. We're
quite OK with putting work in, but if our requirements are diminished (be it
by wrong evaluations, or The Next Big Thing being more important than current
usecases), then we will have to find other solutions.
--
sebas