[Kde-pim] PIM Sprint report: Akonadi Next

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Fri Nov 28 21:33:10 GMT 2014

On Friday, November 28, 2014 19.43:34 Marco Martin wrote:
> what's the least possible code needed to access the existing akonadi/kde4
> instance from kf5?

The *least* possible? Well, something that speaks Akonadi's IMAP / DBus API.
So: kdepimlibs. .. and even then not all of that.

kdepim itself, and I think even kde-runtime, wouldn't be necessary. (Someone
will correct me if I'm wrong on runtime .. there's so much in there .. :)

So with the Qt5 pimlibs (not even Qt5 akonadi) you *should* be good. I don't
know if anybody has actually tested Qt5 pimlibs with Qt4 akonadi, but the
transport hasn't changed at all AFAIK .... (again, I'm sure someone will
correct me if I'm wrong there ...)

--
Aaron J. Seigo