[Kde-pim] KContacts, KXMLRPC. Moving forward

Daniel Vrátil dvratil at redhat.com
Thu Nov 27 12:56:29 GMT 2014

On Thursday 27 of November 2014 13:35:04 Aleix Pol wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 10:20 AM, Daniel Vrátil <dvratil at redhat.com> wrote:

> > kde

> > won't

> > sprint

> > coding

> > did

> > travesty,

> > that

> > the

> > but

> > kcontacts;

> > happens

> > fine.

> > grafts?)

> > because:

> > your

> > out of

> > worthwhile

> > time

> > > Can somebody shed some light into this? What was discussed in the
> > > sprint?
> >
> > Hi Aleix,
> >
> > we did not discuss any specific deadline, but agreed on some more changes
> > be done before we split everything:
> >
> > - we need to finish killing kpimutils (if only anyone would review my
> > requests...)
> > - we want to merge gpgme++ and qgpgme into one
> > - we want to merge akonadi-{contact,calendars,..} into akonadi-extras
> >
> > I personally don't see a problem splitting the frameworks one by one, and
> > KContacts and KXMlRpcClient are both fully ported already, so you could
> > easily
> > split out those two, because they won't be affected by the changes above.
> > But
> > then again I won't be doing the split, so it's not really up to me :-)
> >
> > I'll send another email with more detailed plans regarding Akonadi and
> > PIM.
> >
> > Dan
>
> Hi Dan,
> Thanks for the e-mail.
>
> I have locally split both repositories. Do we have a consensus about this
> split? Can I get a +1 from the maintainers to request the repositories for
> kxmlgui and kcontacts?

I think you meant KXMLRpcClient :-)

I don't see any problem, but I'm not a maintainer of any of those, so I can't
give +1.  According to MAINTAINERS, KContacts is maintained by Tobias Koenig,
and KXMLRpcClient does not have any maintainer, which means that you will
probably end up being one :P

Dan

--
Daniel Vrátil | dvratil at redhat.com | dvratil on #kde-devel, #kontact, #akonadi
Software Engineer - KDE Desktop Team, Red Hat Inc.

GPG Key: 0xC59D614F6F4AE348
Fingerprint: 4EC1 86E3 C54E 0B39 5FDD B5FB C59D 614F 6F4A E348