[Kde-pim] Akonadi postgresql backend not working

Daniel Vrátil dvratil at redhat.com
Tue May 6 13:23:41 BST 2014

On Thursday 01 of May 2014 19:21:45 GEO wrote:
> On Tuesday 22 April 2014 14:50:02 Daniel Vrátil wrote:
> > I have attached a patch for DbConfigPostgresql that does so, if you can
> > test it, please do.
>
> Hi,
>
> Sorry it took so long, I have been busy.
> I have recompiled Akonadi with your patch, so in the following we talk about
> the patched version.
>
> Remember when we had a conversation on IRC, regarding the TCP issues, when
> already one instance of postgres was running?
> Because those issues complement it each other disjunctly:
>
> Suppose all akonadi/kmail settings are purged: (cd && find | grep akonadi |
> xargs rm -rf  && find | grep mail | xargs rm -rf) and postgres is not
> running (sudo killall -9 postgres), because on Ubuntu postgres if installed
> autostarts automatically on boot.
>
> Then we set the postgres internal backend for akonadi and run "akonadictl
> start". We will get the output as attached in 1.txt.
>
> Now akonadi is not running, but postgres is running!
> If we run akonadictl start now, we will get the issue we discussed in IRC,
> output attached as 2.txt.
>
> Setting listen_addresses = ''  in
> .local/share/akonadi/db_data/postgresql.conf, removing everything apart the
> [%General] section in .config/akonadi/akonadiserverrc and starting akonadi
> again works, output attached as 3.txt.

Hi,

could you please attach ~/.config/akonadi/akonadiserverrc with which the
startup is failing for you?

Thanks
Dan

--
Daniel Vrátil | dvratil at redhat.com | dvratil on #kde-devel, #kontact, #akonadi
KDE Desktop Team

GPG Key: 0xC59D614F6F4AE348
Fingerprint: 4EC1 86E3 C54E 0B39 5FDD B5FB C59D 614F 6F4A E348