[Kde-pim] Akonadi mail performance outlook

1g2e3o4 at gmail.com 1g2e3o4 at gmail.com
Fri May 2 09:38:14 BST 2014

On Thursday, May 01, 2014 09:50:40 PM I wrote:
> I have not tried mail filters yet during initial sync, but I think they will
> work in parallel.

Okay the issue with mail filters is worse than I initially thought. I tested it
today on my inbox with 6000 unfiltered mails. I subscribed to big mailing lists
so I get several mails per minute. Now if I run the mail filter, it never gets
to filter older messages than today, because during the filtering new messages
arrive that should be filtered etc.
Apart from that I noticed, that filtered mails are moved one by one on my gmail
inbox. This takes forever, it is nearly impossible to filter 6000 mails with
new ones arriving all the time.
So for the mail filter it would be nice if:

1.) It could move several messages at once
2.) mail filters could run in parallel, even in the same folder (e.g. one filter
for moving already filtered ones and one filter moving new arriving ones, all at
the same time).

I am much faster if I search for the mailing list address in my inbox, select
the mails and select move ... This seems to be a lot faster, though kmail does
not display anything and I have to wait to see some feedback. It seems it
moves the selected ones at once and not one by one.

In case of the mail filter currently everything queues up and never gets done,
see the attached screenshot.