[Kde-pim] Akonadi mail check bug

GEO 1g2e3o4 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 15:23:02 GMT 2014

On Friday 14 March 2014 16:01:51 Daniel Vrátil wrote:

> Hi,
>
> are your mail accounts switched online after the wifi is connected? If not,
> no check will happen (and there is a known bug that for some people the
> resources are not switching online for some reason). The account name would
> be someting like "My Account (offline)".
>
> Also please test with KDE 4.13 and Akonadi 1.12 once their are out, I did
> some changes relevant to automatic synchronization, so maybe it will solve
> your problem.
>
> Cheers,
> Dan

Yes I just tested ... they are switched offline and stay offline.
But this happens with all my resources, be it pop3 or my gmail account.
What factors does that depend on, if switching online works?
Couldn't autocheck trigger a manual mail check, because there it works?

I will test with 4.13 as soon as kubuntu has the packages.
Should be in the next few days.

Another issue I wanted to ask, btw is the following, which I experienced ever
since I use akonadi, which is only minor but may be bad for the impression of
new users: If you add a new imap account using the account wizard in kmail and
you click "create account" there will be shown a message "imap resource
broken, switching now offline" or something like that. No folders are synced.
However if you click "Check mail" all folders are synced successfully.
(See http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-pim&m=133524726312376)

Cheers,

GEO