[Kde-pim] Akonadi mail check bug

Daniel Vrátil dvratil at redhat.com
Fri Mar 14 15:27:12 GMT 2014

On Friday 14 of March 2014 16:23:02 GEO wrote:
> On Friday 14 March 2014 16:01:51 Daniel Vrátil wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > are your mail accounts switched online after the wifi is connected? If
> > not,
> > no check will happen (and there is a known bug that for some people the
> > resources are not switching online for some reason). The account name
> > would
> > be someting like "My Account (offline)".
> >
> > Also please test with KDE 4.13 and Akonadi 1.12 once their are out, I did
> > some changes relevant to automatic synchronization, so maybe it will solve
> > your problem.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Dan
>
> Yes I just tested ... they are switched offline and stay offline.
> But this happens with all my resources, be it pop3 or my gmail account.
> What factors does that depend on, if switching online works?
> Couldn't autocheck trigger a manual mail check, because there it works?

We listen to signals from Solid that notifies us about network connectivity
changes. Not sure why it does not work. I'll try to experiment a bit with
this.

> I will test with 4.13 as soon as kubuntu has the packages.
> Should be in the next few days.
>
> Another issue I wanted to ask, btw is the following, which I experienced
> ever since I use akonadi, which is only minor but may be bad for the
> impression of new users: If you add a new imap account using the account
> wizard in kmail and you click "create account" there will be shown a
> message "imap resource broken, switching now offline" or something like
> that. No folders are synced. However if you click "Check mail" all folders
> are synced successfully. (See
> http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-pim&m=133524726312376)

Indeed. Looks like the IMAP resource is not making use of the 'NotConfigured'
state. I'll fix this for 4.13.

Dan

--
Daniel Vrátil | dvratil at redhat.com | dvratil on #kde-devel, #kontact, #akonadi
KDE Desktop Team

GPG Key: 0xC59D614F6F4AE348
Fingerprint: 4EC1 86E3 C54E 0B39 5FDD B5FB C59D 614F 6F4A E348